Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And the fun continues...

The kids have had a pretty good summer. (at least I think so!) We have gone swimming once a week, storytime, playdates and visits with relatives. I just started taking the kids to a free movie at the theater once a week too. We stay very busy!


The kids also find time to entertain themselves. Here is a cute picture of Benjamin...


He swiped Sarah's banana and climbed onto the couch to eat it. I found him just like this!


This just might be the loudest thing I've ever let my kids do... I think my ears are still ringing! They had a great time though!







We were invited to the art museum with some of our storytime friends. They have a "Babar's World Tour" exibit. It is completely free, and the kids get to visit different countries with their passports. There is a lot of dressing up and pretend play. My kids played for 2 hours, and didn't want to go home! Of course, I was so worried that I'd be late that I left without the camera. I only have a few pictures that one of the other moms took. We will definitely go again before it leaves in September!


The kids got crowns to wear, along with paper passports. Here they are listening to different languages, and looking at books about each country. Maddy was learing Japanese.


They had a room full of tables and chairs and LOTS of play food, and chef costumes. The kids didn't want to move on from that room!


One of the rooms had a fashion runway (see the lights?) Here is Ben with his friend (they are only weeks apart, with matching red hair!) They were working the runway... This room had fancy dresses, and suits with tons of accessories for the kids to model. SO FUN! (Sarah was there too! I promise! You can see her pink polka dot shirt in the background!)

There are so many pictures that I missed out on, and rooms that I haven't talked about. I can't wait to take the kids back!!


At the end, the kids got to write postcards from different countries and "mail" them. Then they could write a thank you note on the dry erase board! I'm so glad we were invited to this... What a fun day. If you have the opportunity to go, I think you should. The kids will love it!


1 comment:

  1. You are so on-the-ball! I can't believe how much you do keeping up with three kids! They are SOOOO cute by the way....

    ReplyDelete