Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ben's First Birthday!!



One year ago, my life forever changed when this little boy came into the world. (and not just because I haven't had a full nights sleep in one year either...) What a sweet little boy we have. He is full of life, and has a smile that literally lights up a room. I can't believe he is already a year old! I find myself wondering where the time has gone. Ben is my cuddley baby, a mama's boy to the core. I have enjoyed watching him grow, and look forward to the future. Happy Birthday to my baby boy!



Poor baby! Turning one isn't all fun and games. It means Dr's offices and SHOTS. I should have planned this a little better, but Ben had to have his 12 month check up ON his birthday... He's 21 lbs 4 oz. A far cry from the 7lbs 9oz baby that was placed into my arms one year ago! He was not happy to be at the Dr's office, and was ready to leave before the nurse even had a chance to give him his shots. He was devastated when he got his shots and cried until I walked out the door. Then he gave me this "yay! we're outside!" look and was a happy boy the rest of the day! He helped me pick out his birthday balloons ( and I took a picture with this hat, because I wasn't about to spend $8 on it!)


We are having 2 parties for him... we have too many people in our family to get schedules all lined up! So we celebrated with Joseph's family, and our friends. We just had them over for pizza and cupcakes. No biggie.


Ben LOVING his birthday pizza!


This picture is actually of him eating his cupcake, but Uncle Ryan was holding the Croquet mallet over his head, and he thought is was great...so I snapped a picture!





He loved the frosting from his cupcake! He kept licking his lips over and over!



Grandmomma and Granddaddy eating their pizza






Presents!! Sarah couldn't handle the fact that they were for Ben. She kept opening them, and then trying to hand them to Ben. I told her to stop, so she started carrying them to Joseph. When he wouldn't open it, she moved on to Granddaddy... She know how to get what she wants!

Here she is trying to give me Ben's card... It wasn't exciting like his toys!



This toy was a big hit! When Maddy turned one we got her a fisher price farm. She didn't care. When Sarah turned one, we gave her a drum with other instruments inside... She didn't care! But this time, I got it right!Our gift to Ben, (I love Ross!) Ben played with it for a while, and left all the other toys alone! I knew I liked this kid!






Happy Boy!!

I realize that these baseball cupcakes pale in comparison to Sarah's Dora cake... but hey, I tried!

Ben loved it, so I guess that's all that matters!


I decided to give Ben his sherbet cup outside... This proved to be a WISE decision.

He attempted to eat with a spoon...

Then to licking...


Then it melted enough to slurp...


Yup. It was good.


Yeah buddy!



Ben went strait into the tub soon after this picture was taken! He seriously LOVED this sherbet!!



Our girls loved it too! They also loved having Mikaela and Tayte to hang out with.






The adults set up a game of Croquet in the backyard. Maddy thought they were crutches...




They played until well after dark It was great. I think they had a good time. Glad we got to celebrate our little Ben's birthday with family and friends. We are going to have Birthday party round two with my parents and grandparents on the 4th of July! Ben's going to think every year people light fireworks just for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment