Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Temple Trip!



We had the opportunity to take the kids to the Columbia Temple last weekend. My mom, my sister and I got to take some family names through, and it was a wonderful experience. Joseph walked the kids around the Temple grounds for a little while, and then Uncle Ryan came and picked up the kids so Joseph could join me. The kids loved being there!


Ben is just starting to walk well, and thought it was great fun to be able to walk around outside!




He was cracking himself up!



Sarah was all smiles too. On a side note- we are trying to potty train her (with NO success) but amazingly when we got to Columbia she was dry! So I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said no. Then I said, "Do you want to use the potty at the Temple?" She excitedly agreed, and I took her.. and she went!! I thought it might be the beginning of a new trend... Has she had success since? Nope. Maybe if we lived closer to the Temple, we'd have more luck...




I love this picture... They just held hands and walked off together.






Maddy is such a ham! She has been learning about the Temple at church, and has been learning the song "I love to see the Temple" as well. When we were walking around the grounds she just stopped and burst into song. She sang both verses to "I love to see the Temple"! She was VERY proud of herself. Then again, that seems to be a state of being for her.



Daddy and Ben



Family Picture!


Our family is forever...

These next few pictures are very out of place after seeing pictures of the Temple... But I'm blogging about my life right??




Here we go...


Why is it so entertaining to wear underwear on your head? Combined with that face... it really is something to laugh at!

Maddy has spread the joy of it onto her younger sister.





Sarah actually thought to pull her hair out from the leg holes! She was calling herself "Llama Llama Red Pajama" for anyone who has read that children's book. (If you haven't you should! They are so cute!) I guess she thinks her hair looks like llama ears. Silly girl!


Our little Ben is getting so big! He now eats his meals at the kids table instead of the high chair. And he's SO proud.





The sun shines right through the window and blinds the kids in the morning. I have to keep the blinds shut until late morning... but Ben still has light coming through onto his face!



For the record... I LOVE this table. Our kitchen table is over carpet, so I have this little table set up in the kitchen. My carpet would be a disaster without it!





No comments:

Post a Comment