Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Red Head Appreciation Day!



I've heard that by some date in the distant future, there will be no more red heads... Something about the gene for red hair being recessive... Is it true? I have my doubts, especially seeing that all three children I have given birth to have red hair. I am trying my best to make sure the red head population sticks around :)

I believe that red headed children hold a power that they are unaware of... You see, I can't go to the grocery store without being stopped, and my children praised for the color of their hair. The person who stopped me then proceeds to tell me a story about their family history, and how they used to have red hair, or a relative did and how they were so hoping for red headed grandchildren... but alas, no luck. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to these people...I'm sorry?

Finally I got some information I could use! Yesterday, Marble Slab had "RED HEAD APPRECIATION DAY" if you have red hair, you could come in for a free scoop of Red Velvet icecream. I'm so glad my husband, and children could be rewarded for all their hard work as Red Heads...
Ben LOVED his, and ate it ALL! ....and cried when it was gone



They let the them have one mix in, and much to Sarah's liking, she had Red Velvet icecream with M&M's!


Maddy took this picture... Pretty good!

We picked Joseph up from work and took him out for his free scoop... It may have been 11 am, but it's never too early for free icecream!


Maddy also had M&M's in her icecream. She was much neater eating hers though...

Thank You Marble Slab!!

It's about time someone recognize these people for all they contribute to society with all of their red hair! haha! Actually, where is the recognition for the Mother's who gave birth to these red headed people! No icecream for me?? Sadly, I just sat and watched my four red heads enjoy their icecream. Maybe one day they'll have "Brown Hair Appreciation Day!"



After our moring icecream run, I took the kids over to see my grandparents. Ben LOVES my grandpa's wheel chair... I'm always worried he's going to stick his hands in it, and Papa is going to drive off no knowing. It is so hard to keep Ben away from it! But today, he got to ride it! He sad on Papa's lap, and took a ride around the house. He LOVED it!


This boys loves some WHEELS!


He then tried to figure out how to drive it himself...



Maddy was jealous that Ben was having all that fun, so she went for a ride too. I think Papa was a very happy man... He's better than an amusement park!



Later, I trapped Ben in his stroller... He kept looking at his wheels, then at Papa's wheels. I don't think he was impressed with his... Silly boy!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! How about an appreciation day for people who have their hair whatever color they choose for the month? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and Sarah's ice cream faces are priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete