Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day!!

Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate... (Christmas being THE favorite.) Every year I listen to Joseph excitedly recount the actions of our forefathers that lead up to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. I always feel the need to sign up for an American History class... Anyone who has been to our house has seen Joseph's bookcase... It is full of books on George Washington and the Revolutionary War. He loves to learn about it, and share that knowledge with others. And every year, I enjoy being reminded of all those who gave their lives so we could be free... and all those who have fought, are fighting, or who lost their lives fighting to protect that freedom that we still enjoy today.


We celebrate with both sides of the family, every year. It makes for a long day, with family and friends, LOTS of good food, fun on the Black River, and FIREWORKS!

Of course, my camera battery was acting up, so I was completely dependent on my family members to take pictures, and send them to me! I've learned that Joseph's family is on the ball... mine? not so much! So I only have pictures of the first half of the day.


We headed down to Georgetown to spend the day with Josephs Aunts, Uncles and cousins. They own some property on the Black River, and we BBQ, and have fun on the River. It was so hot! Maddy and Sarah down a Caprison while they wait for their turn on the boat.




They are so cute! They were holding hands while they watched Daddy knee board...




Ready to go!


Sarah was fine until the boat started moving.... then she closed her eyes and went limp!
I kept asking her if she was okay, and she'd shake her head no... But then when she was asked if she wanted a turn driving the boat -she hoped right up and did just that!


Maddy driving
She did so well! She did everything she was told to! We even got stopped by the river patrol... I don't know if that is what they're called, but they wanted to make sure we had the right safety equipment on the boat and that we weren't drinking. I thought they were going to bust us for having a driver that was under the age of 5... But they didn't seem to care!


Sarah Driving

When he said "hold it steady" she'd jerk it to the right... I was sort of scared for my life! Okay, not really, but she did scare me a little bit! She was all about it though! When she was done, she came and sat back by me, and went right back to the whole eyes closed and body limp thing. Crazy girl!


Watching the other cousins out in the water



After our boat ride, Joseph got talked into knee boarding. He got the hang of it thanks to his cousin Ethan. (knee boarding right next to him in the blue life jacket) But he is SO sore! He loved it though!


Next year I want to try!


Ben and Granddaddy watching from the dock



As if Granddaddy wasn't tall enough...

I guess Ben needed a higher view of everyone else in the river!

Or maybe this was the only way to keep Ben still... Either way, Uncle Ryan was a huge help taking care of him while we went out on the boat.

Look! Another picture of me! Maybe I'll just not get my camera fixed so I can be in some pictures!

Ben, me and Joseph's cousin Emily


I love this... Joseph's cousin Tim took this picture right before we headed out. Ben is trying to escape, and Sarah is pondering in her thinking chair.. TOO funny.




We headed to my Grandparents house for the Passey style celebration. We BBQ'd, and had a birthday party for Ben. When it got dark we had fun with fireworks. I bought $25 worth of fireworks from Walmart. I'm positive that my parents and siblings were NOT impressed. They referred to it as their PRE show. (thanks guys) But, my children loved them, and my 3 month old nephew liked them too. Once the "GOOD" fireworks started, all the kids under the age of 5 were terrified, and ended up in the house before it was all said and done. SO, at least my fireworks were enjoyed by the children.... right? Hopefully my mom and sister send me some pictures so I can post them on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment