Saturday, July 2, 2011

Family and Friends

(this picture goes at the end of this post... but I'm not technology savy...)



June has been a fun month for us! We've had family and friends visiting pretty much evey week all month long! First, my brother Phillip and his family came to Myrtle Beach for business. They were able to squeeze in some time with us while they were here, and we had a blast! We took the kids to Ripley's Aquarium, and then to the park at Broadway at the Beach, followed by swimming at their hotel's pool. Unfortunately I have no pictures of the pool. My only keepsake from that trip is a reciept for Maddy's new flip flops... Hers went missing during our swim. Who would take old worn out flip flops? Who knows.


Ben's ready to see some fish!





Sarah trying to decide if she wanted to touch it or not...






Trying to squeeze in the shark bubble!
This was a shark tank with a bubble for the kids to pop up into, while the sharks circled around them. Getting a picture with all the kids looking AND waiting for the shark to come around was way to complicated though...



Oh my gosh! Look at that!!


Pretty neat to see a shark swim right over your head!








Then to see this one just chillin' right on top of the tunnel we were under...







Maddy attempting to show off the tank of tropical fish


Love that smile Maddy...


The kids LOVED this slide... Sarah even escaped a time or two while we were looking at other things. She wanted to stay there...







Sarah found Dori! But where's Nemo?


Ben was so good!


Checking out the sting rays with cousin Addison


The girls trying to pet the sting rays...

The kids had a great time at the aquarium. We played at the park for a little while, but not too long, it was SOOOO hot! You can see how red Sarah's cheeks are in this picture.



For some reason, (maybe I was sweating to death) I only have this picture of Sarah from the park. She was so scared to go across this bridge. But then once she stepped onto it, she loved it!



The same weekend, Uncle Stephen and Aunt Naomi came down. Of course, where there is a Stephen and Naomi... There's GRACE!!!

Sarah "holding" baby Gace (as Sarah calls her)
It was fun to see them over Father's Day weekend. I'm realizing that I need to take more pictures! How lame that I don't have anymore of us together!


We also had a fun adventure at Costco... My tire pressure gage had come on in the van. We have nitrogen in our tires, so I had to drive to Costco to have them fill up the tire, and while I was there I was going to run a few errands. Well.... I managed to leave the house without my wallet. I couldn't go back to get it (its a 30 minute drive) and as luck would have it, I had run over a nail. Costco only repairs flats on tires that were purchased from them, and once again, as luck would have it, only my back 2 tires are from Costco. The front tires are the original tires from when we bought the van, and of course, the front tire had the nail! Luck then went my way, and my three years of being a Costco employee paid off. They fixed my tire anyway, and I promised to return with my wallet and replace the front tires (they are due anyways...) The problem was that it was lunch time, and I was stuck there until they could get to fixing the tire. The free samples weren't yet in full swing... and my kids were hungry! That is when my very good friend Jen came to the rescue! She came down to Costco, and bought us lunch, and hung out with us until the van was ready. What a good friend!



and then Maddy and Ben were hamming it up, but for some reason that picture is at the beginning of this post!

Never a dull moment in this family...










No comments:

Post a Comment