Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trunk Or Treat

I missed a few pictures from our pumpkin carving.. So I thought I'd post a few before the Trunk-or-Treat pictures





The girls decided to help their daddy clean the last pumpkin. One spoonful at a time.


I was there too! I have crazy eyes in this picture... It is never a good idea to give me a knife!!





Me and the girls


Shortly after our pumpkin carving we got the kids dressed up in their costumes and headed to our ward Trunk-or-Treat. Really it was a Halloween carnival of sorts. They went ALL out! One of our ward members is a P.E. teacher, and he decided to bring a parachute for the kids to play with. I was SO excited. This was pretty much the only thing I liked about school when I was a kid! I told Joseph as soon as I saw it- "this is the BEST Halloween party I've ever been to."

Maddy thought it was pretty sweet too!





Maddy and her little boyfriend. She LOVES this boy...





About to lift it and go under!




Helping to put it away


They had a chili cook off too. There was some amazing chili! I'm not sure the kids were impressed, but I sure enjoyed it.




Sarah enjoyed the dessert table! She ate cookies and bat brownies... and she had a little cup with jello. The jello had a gummy worm in it. She ate that and then tried to drink her jello. After a few tries she looked at me and said- "mommy, my drink doesn't work. It's broken!"


It was so funny!




Maddy had a few treats too! ...but no dinner. SHOCKER!


After dinner it was back to the fun and games! This one was great- you had to eat the doughnut that was tied to the string without using your hands...











After a few tries the doughnut fell off the string so she had to eat it with her hands... tough break Maddy!




Next we got to go on a hayride! There is a farm next to our church and they were nice enough to let us use their field. This hayride went a bit faster than any hayride I've ever been on! I thought we might fall off! We had a kid "fall off" on our ride... or so we thought. We're thinking now that he jumped! Another was dangling his feet and his shoe came off. It took a while to find in the tall grass!





Took this one myself!




Ben seemed a bit uneasy this hayride...





Family picture!




After the hayride we went in to play a few more games... They had a cake walk, and this cute bean bag toss. Maddy got the bean bag in on her very first try.




Sarah walked up to the cauldrons and plopped the balls in. Ben just ran away with the balls.




They loved it




There was also a haunted maze that was put together outside. My girls loved it, much to my surprise! Maybe because it wasn't so haunted when we discovered it. After the maze we had the Trunk or Treat. The kids got a lot of candy and had a blast. They were so tired after that, so we headed home.


Our friends from our old ward came over after their party so we could play games. We put all the kids to bed and then raided our kids candy to make milk shakes! Best Butterfinger milk shake ever.


And a great end to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment