Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Maddy!

It was a long journey to start our family. My timing and the Lord's timing were not in sync. All I ever wanted in life was to be a mom. My dreams finally were realized two and a half years later, just two days before Thanksgiving .Our sweet Madelyn Elizabeth came into the world and she was perfect! All 6 lbs 13 ounces of her, with her red hair! We brought her home from the hospital on Thanksgiving day.


Here are some pictures of Maddy over the years:






















It's hard to believe that she is 5 years old today!! What a ride it's been since she came into our lives! She is so smart, and says the funniest things. In fact, I've kept a running log off and on since 2009 of the things she says. As a birthday tribute, I'd like to post some Maddyisms.


MADDYISMS: A collection of Maddy's deepest thoughts over the years:



As we were driving home I told Maddy that I was tired. Her response: “Its okay mommy, when we get home, you can have the night off.”
9/21/2011

Me: Maddy, can you please go play so I can get this finished. Maddy: Why do I ALWAYS have to play? Me: would you rather clean? Maddy: YEAH!! Can I dust?
8/16/2011

I wish I had 16 sisters and 2 brothers. Then my swingset would be REALLY fun!
8/8/2011

Sarah was crying earlier, and Maddy says to me: “aw, look at Sarah! She looks like Lorenzo Snow with that droopy face!” Then Sarah starts to cry even more… So Maddy says: “Well, maybe she looks like John Taylor..”
6/5/2011

Maddy was tickling Ben when I heard her say to him: “yeah that’s right! I’m such a gangster!!”
3/9/2011

“Mom, I vacuumed up the cat food that I spilled. But it’s all still on the floor, because the vacuum isn’t plugged in.”
2/28/2011

Apparently watching Dora and Diego has given Maddy the ability to master a second language. She’s now watching the Mulan bonus features in Spanish…
2/24/2011

"Sometimes, when you're a kid, you get sick and throw up. But that's how you grow!"
2/16/11

I was listening to Maddy sing to Ben this morning. "Hush little baby don't say a word, Maddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird. If that mocking bird don't sing, Maddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring. If that diamond ring don't shy, Maddy's gonna buy you a pork-you-pie. If that pork-you-pie doesn't stay poor, Maddy's gonna buy you a......"
2/11/11

I told Maddy she had to go to time out. Her response? "Care bears don't go to time out!"

Well, the polls are in. I am mean, and she likes Daddy more. Thanks Maddy.
1/10/11

I guess I should examine the content of the movies I show my daughter more closely... Maddy is now refusing to go to college, EVER. I guess the thought of packing up her room and giving away her toys is too devastating. I told her if Andy can do it, she can too... but she said: nope, I'm staying home to play with Daddy.
12/30/10

Maddy asked me if she could eat cookies with me. I told her she could help herself, which through her for a loop, seeing that usually she is limited to one. When she asked me why, I said "Christmas is all about eating cookies!" She looked at me, like I had lost my mind, and said "Christmas is about Jesus' birthday."
12/13/10

Not only does Maddy want 5 laundry baskets for her birthday, she wants a strawberry laundry basket cake, with chocolate frosting.
11/15/10

was listening to Maddy talk on the phone to Uncle Ryan. When he asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said: "Five laundry baskets."
11/08/11


"Mommy, you are a REALLY good mom, but sometimes, you scare baby Jesus."
11/3/10

Maddy proudly shows me her drawing, then says "Look mom! It's a dallying sailor cat!" I had to go look up the word "dallying".... How is it that my 3 year old has a larger vocabulary than I do?
9/24/10

I overheard Maddy in the bathroom this morning singing to herself. (To the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat) 'Wipe, Wipe, Wipe your bum, wipe it all the day!, wipe it good, wipe it good, wipe it all the way!'
9/23/2010

was joking around with Maddy and asked her if she was feeling enraged... She replied, No, I'm feeling Jubilant. So I said, Do you even know what Jubilant means? She looks at me as if to say 'everyone knows what that word means' and said yeah, it means to be REALLY REALLY happy. Thank You PBS
9/9/10

Me: "Maddy, your sister has been asleep FOREVER." Maddy: "Yeah, but she didn't eat an apple, so she's not in an enchanted sleep like Snow White."
7/30/10

Maddy: Mommy, Do you still love me when you're mad? Me: Maddy, I ALWAYS love you. Maddy: Yeah, and you're always mad.
7/26/10

Mom, can we plant some bird seeds so we can grow some birds?"
6/16/10

My beautiful new niece... if my brother waits any longer to name her she'll have to go by the name Maddy picked... "baby Lickie"
5/25/10

"Maddy! Why do you ask me 'why?' after everything I say?" "Oh mom, its just an allergy!"
5/14/10

Maddy: Mommy I LOVE picking flowers from your garden! Me: Yes Maddy, I love when you pull weeds too. Daddy will be happy that there are no more dandelions in the grass...
4/8/10

Maddy: Oh no! I have pen on my foot! I need to go to the dentist so he can clean it!
3/8/10

So we went to Chuck E. Cheese with my brother and his family this weekend... where Maddy got a little I.D. card with her picture on it. On the way home she asked me if she could drive and I told her no because she couldn't reach the pedals. She replied "I'll try really hard!" I then said no because she didn't have a drivers license. She replied "yes! I do! I got one at Chuck E. Cheese!"
3/8/10

While putting the girls to bed Sarah started to cry (No surprise), then Maddy says to me, "Don't worry Mommy, I'll sing her 'The Eye of the Tiger'."
2/24/10

Maddy: Mommy! I just found seeds in my apple! Me: what are you going to do with them? Maddy: I'm going to make more apples! Like many many... three apples
2/10/10

Maddy: "Mom can you please be quiet, I am trying to read my dictionary." Gee, I'm sorry Maddy, I didn't know you could read!
1/22/10

I asked Maddy what she wanted her new baby brother or sister's name to be... she replied "Baby Gomez" Thanks to Aunt Nee Nee and big Uncle Ry Ry for ruining Maddy. We already have baby dolls named "baby walmart" and "Magic Head"... A real live baby Gomez would be icing on the cake!
1/20/10

took Maddy to the party store to see what kind of birthday party she wanted to have...... she picked "Over the Hill" napkins.
10/22/09

Maddy is on role today... As I'm cleaning the bathroom she comes in and says to me: "Mommy, when I am big like you, can I clean?" Girl you can clean right now!!
9/24/09

I took the pens away from Maddy after she tried to draw on the desk. Her response: "But mom! I have nothing to draw on!" She says this as she sits next to not one, but two notepads...
2/24/09

No it's to cold outside we'll burn up!
February 2010

I will plant my apple seeds in the garden and the tree's will grow big and tall... and then they will tickle you.
February 2010


I will Jack you up! (it was cute when she was two, but then she learned how to use it correctly)

I will UH!(cue the pointing of her finger) I will put you in the car! .......(her substitution for "i will jack you up)
2009

Brrr... Its hot!
2009

That's not berry slice!!


Mommy, you can't play with my stamps because they are for little girls. Your hands are too big, so they will fall out because they are for little girl hands.
February 2010

Aunt Neenee: Maddy? Why are you so mean to me? Maddy: So I can say sorry!
February 2010

Aunt Neenee! I will flush you down the potty!! Feb. 2010

No!!! You're not my sister!!! (when Aunt neenee told her to put on her jammies) 2010

I can't go to Conway Mommy. Conway has spiders, and THAT is embarrassing.
March 2010

‎'I can't eat my spaghetti, I DON'T LIKE spaghetti!' 'Since when?' 'Tuesday's and Friday's.'
March 2010



Well, hopefully that made someone laugh. We think she's pretty funny. We are so glad that she is in our family! I wonder what that silly girl will say today!!

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!





2 comments:

  1. haha....that was HILARIOUS! I sure love that crazy, funny girl! I can't believe she is FIVE! And I hope her sense of humor never changes. I was just remembering today how we asked Maddy to sing Grace a song when she was a newborn, and she started singing Justin Bieber's 'baby'. Made me laugh soo hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is hilarious just like her mommy!I can't believe Maddy is 5:D I can't believe either of us has kids:D Where did time go? I'm so glad we both found our amazing husbands who helped us make our beautiful babies!!!

    ReplyDelete