Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Halloween is now a special day in the Passey house. I went from having 8 brothers and sisters to having 10. Reagan and Allie have officially been adopted! I now have 7 brothers and 3 sisters. The oldest being 31 and the youngest is 7! My parents officially have 11 children. They now have as many children as they do grandchildren! To celebrate we went to Cici's Pizza. My grandparents came and we had a great lunch. The kids dressed up too! Maddy got to eat for free for having a costume on (the youngest two are free anyway) We let the kids play in the arcade when they were done eating.





I love this picture of Ben... Joshua was tickling him, and he LOVED it.




Maddy driving the car... Uncle Scott was nice enough to put some quarters in the game for her. She thinks she is now ready to drive our van. Yeah, alright Maddy!


This game wasn't working, but it didn't stop Scott and Ryan from having a great time!




Sarah driving




Benjamin driving!




This is the only game Maddy wanted to play on... I couldn't get her off of it!




Ben was trying so hard to reach the buttons. This boy loves to push buttons!



Sarah wanted to ride the motorcycle... but then she couldn't figure out how to get off. I saw her just sitting like this and couldn't resist snapping a picture.





My silly monkey

After our celebration we headed over to my grandparents house to trick or treat. Ben was so happy to run around outside...









LOVE this boy...




My grandpa wanted a picture with the kids in their costumes. I wish Ben would have cooperated! He just wanted to walk around!
But it's still a cute picture....



Mom look at my candy!!

We headed over to Joseph's parents to trick or treat and then headed home to wait for Daddy! We lit the Jack-o-lanterns and got the kids bundled up for some trick-or-treating with some friends from the ward. They had arranged a hayride to take the kids around the neighborhood. Then Ben had a meltdown of all meltdowns. He couldn't take 2 steps without bursting into tears! I decided 30 minutes before we were supposed to be there that Ben was going to bed. He was in no shape for the night ahead of him. That meant that I had to stay home... Boo!!


But you do what you have to right?





All ready to go! Sarah was NOT happy that I emptied her pumpkin from the Trunk-or-Treat. She was crying and saying that she wanted her candy. She didn't understand what she was about to do... Poor girl. Then she thought Daddy had left without her.



I had originally asked our neighbors to hand out our candy until I got back with Ben. I had assumed that he wouldn't last as long as the girls. This may sound weird, but I've always wanted to hand out candy on Halloween night. We have been married for over 7 years and I have never been able to do it! This is the first year we've lived in a neighborhood!



I sent Joseph off with the girls and put Ben to bed. Then prepared myself for Trick-or-Treaters! I actually really enjoyed seeing all the different costumes. I'm still amazed at how rude a lot of the kids are. I can't stand kids who ring the doorbell repeatedly, then don't even say Thank You when you give them candy!! But on a lighter note- I had multiple people tell me my house was nice, and some tell me that it smelled really good. (Thank you Pumpkin Spice candle!!) But the best part was when this boy who appeared to be about 12 told me that I was pretty. I gave him an extra piece of candy :) I decided that handing out candy on Halloween was good for my self esteem... ;)



Our porch... The lights change color. It made the kids happy.



The kids were out for just over an hour. Joseph decided to bring them home because it started sprinkling and it was cold! They got home just in time too... Not more than 5 minutes later it started to pour!


The girls came home and told me all about their adventures and then checked out their loot.



I helped Maddy sort hers like I used to when I was little. She was so sweet and gave Joseph and I some candy.



Sarah was excited to see all of her candy too. She told me all about how "Daddy talked mean to a ghost so he didn't scare her" (not quite how that happened) but in her eyes Daddy is her hero!




Another Halloween has come and gone. Hopefully next year Ben will be able to enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part from handing out candy was all the kids who stopped at my door and said, "yyyuuummm....that smells good! What did you cook?" haha...who knew that roast would be the highlight of the kids night? I just responded, "thanks, but unfortunately, i'm giving out candy tonight, and not dinner!"

    ReplyDelete