Monday, October 31, 2011

A Halloween Storytime

I have been taking my kids to storytime at our local library since Maddy was about 10 months old. Now that we have moved out of Myrtle Beach, I can't seem to leave our favorite librarian and try the storytime at the library where we live... So every week I drive about 35 minutes to see Ms. Sue Ellen at the Chapin library. The week of our Halloween Party is my favorite by far! Well worth the 35 minute drive! The kids get to dress up in their costumes, and they have Halloween stories read to them, sing Halloween songs and fingerplays. They do a Halloween craft, and then Party! It is Maddy's favorite storytime too because Daddy always comes..



My little Witch Sarah, ready to go!



Maddy borrowed this costume from our good friends... (home made!!) She kept saying, Sarah is a willing witch and I am a lovely ladybug.



So happy! Ben was still taking his nap so I don't have any before pictures of him


This is the first storytime where Ben has listened! It needs to be Halloween EVERY storytime... He's hard to handle!!







My little Monkey




Daddy showed up half way through (he usually comes to the party at the end...) Maddy was THRILLED to be able to sit with him during the stories.





Ben socializing...



They made pumpkin masks, then got their party treats! They got to frost pumpkin cookies and eat other goodies.






Another great party in the books! And looking forward to next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment