Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sarah's first haircut!

Before I get to the pictures of my sweet little Sarah, Here is one worth a laugh.


It has been a HOT summer, no doubt about that. So when my kids got up a few weeks ago and it was only 70 degrees, they decided to dress for the weather...


You would have thought it was snowing!!


Anyway... My sweet little Sare-bear is 2 1/2 now. She's always had more hair than her older sister, and I never wanted to cut it. But it was starting to look stringy so I made an appointment with the one and only MinDee. Sarah was very excited.


Before...

Yes, she has a huge bruise on her forehead. When I asked her what happened she said she fell on a barbie.. I knew barbies were dangerous!


I was really sad for her curls to be cut off!




All ready!










Tada! I know she doesn't look a whole lot different, but now it is all even, and not so stringy!

Of course, I saved her locks in a little baggie...


Now onto some misc. pictures that I have taken:

Maddy lost her baby for her dollhouse and I told her I would get her a knew one for her Birthday. Not good enough. She wanted one that day. So I made her use her own money. She decided to buy a whole family. (an african american family) The girls LOVE this new family. Now the original family is referred to as "mommy, daddy, little girl, and babies" Apparently this new family actually gets individual names! Sarah was looking frantically for Sean a week or so after this family moved into the dollhouse. I had NO CLUE who this "Sean" was. Finally after not understanding her description (it's blue) I asked Maddy where "Sean" was. Immediately Maddy went and got the new daddy from her room. She said "this is Sean. And his wife's name is Tara. Like my friend Benjamin's mommy." So now we have Daddy, Mommy, little girl, baby (one is still lost), Sean, Tara and new babies.

Kids are so weird.



Now for a random story. I was taking out the garbage one morning when I noticed some ducks waddling out from in between our house and the next door neighbors. I went inside and called to the girls because I wanted them to see how cute they were. When the girls came outside I was surprised that these birds walked RIGHT up to them. My kids were terrified so they ran back into the house. I followed them in and went to tell Joseph about these ducks. I opened the front door to show him and they were standing on our porch!! Naturally I decided to feed them some breakfast... bread! The girls thought it was fabulous... until one tried to come inside the house!


On the porch



This one was eating a piece of bread when I snapped this picture. Its totally makes him look evil and mean. Not the case!

I can't believe how friendly they were!

(I also noticed in this picture that my rug has words across it. Not there when you look at it on the porch! I guess it was super faded when I bought it and the flash brings it out!)


What a crazy life we live...

No comments:

Post a Comment