Sunday, October 23, 2011

Conference Weekend

Conference weekend we were invited up to a lake house in NC. We had a great time with a couple of families from our ward. The kids had a nice sunroom over looking the lake with a ton of toys to play with while the adults listened to our Prophet and the Apostles address us. What a wonderful weekend! In between sessions we went out on the boat. People were tubing even though it wasn't even 70 degrees outside! Joseph and I didn't even put our swimsuits on because we didn't plan on getting in the water. Eventually he gave in and went out on the tube in his clothes... Yeah, he got thrown in too. I wish I had pictures! I didn't even think to bring my camera... I was busy holding on to Ben anyway... Maddy and Sarah even went out on the tube!! I hope to get some pics from a friends camera soon... Sarah doesn't love riding on boats. She gets very lathargic and won't move. But when Aaron asked her if she wanted to get in the tube you would have thought it was Christmas morning! She was smiling ear to ear! They got on with some older kids and we went very slow for them. They had a blast!


I got to go on a bike ride around the neighborhood Sunday morning. I felt like I was a kid again! It was so fun! The kids got to play at an amazing little park too. I did remember to bring my camera there!



Having fun on the pirate ship!


Sarah loved to climb this... she called it the "spider web"



My favorite picture...

She didn't expect to slide down so fast!!











The pirate ship had a pole to slide down to get below deck

Maddy loved it!


Having a blast on the tire swing!

There was one for big kids and one for little kids
























Ben LOVES to swing!






Maddy took Ben on the tire swing, but he wasn't sure what was going on



We had a blast with the kids and with friends. It was a great weekend filled with fun and wonderful messages from our church leaders!

No comments:

Post a Comment