Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Doughnuts and Skittles

Saturday morning I realized that we were out of milk. Not good when you have three cranky kids who want their cups filled up! I took Sarah to the store ASAP to buy some milk, and while we were there, we picked up some yummy doughnuts for breakfast. My kids were THRILLED. It was like Christmas morning...





It's as if he's saying "Cheers!"

This crazy boy inhaled his doughnut, and then ate what Sarah left behind. She was more interested in her chocolate milk, plus she had a KitKat in the car on the way home from the store. (and yes, it was barely 9am) Like I said, it was like unto Christmas morning. My kids couldn't figure out why I'd willingly give them this much sugar in one meal! I'm sure they'll survive. I too was given the magnificent breakfast of doughnuts and chocolate milk on more than one occasion as a child. And I was able to develope proper eating habits! Well, most days... :) After all, pretty much every morning the kids are forced to eat the boring whole grain cereals with little to no sugar in them....






Ben was a MESS. I think his sugar high was wearing off too...


I think it's a bit obvious that the next step for Ben was the tub.







I was trying to snap a picture of him when he tries to suck on the handle... but this time he only held on to it.




It really is the funniest thing. He will get on his tippy toes and suck on the handle of the tub... Why? Who knows. Why do my kids do half of the things they do??

Now, if this doughnut thing wasn't enough for you... this will be the icing on the cake.



Anyone that knows me well, knows my love for Skittle art. I accidentally discovered this so called Skittle art as a wee highschool student. I had two older brothers serving full time missions for our church, and I wrote letters to them as often as possible. (Which was A LOT seeing that I would write them letters in class instead of taking notes.)



This is a bit graphic, read on at your own risk :)
One day in my history class I was writing one of these wonderful letters while eating some Skittles. When all of a sudden I lost focus and one of said Skittles fell out of my mouth and rolled onto my paper. Leaving behind a streak of color ... Then, an idea was born. As gross as it is, it is great fun. And yummy too. I proceeded to lick my Skittles and make my brother a beautiful picture. It has evolved into putting a small handful of Skittles into your mouth, getting them nice and wet, then letting them fall out of your mouth onto a peice of paper. You then wiggle the paper around while the Skittles do their thing. When you are done with that color, you suck them back into your mouth, and eat them! (I know, it sounds super gross...) But hey, don't knock it until you try it!!



(*Fun fact* I made a piece of Skittle art as part of an art project in college... and totally got an A. "Wonderful use of water color" the professor said.) Heh heh heh.



Have I lost anyone's respect yet??



I now have a younger brother serving a full time mission for our church. It would only be fair for him to have one of these masterpieces. So I decided to teach my daughters how to do it for FHE. Best night of my life.









Sarah loved the fact that she could eat the candy, spit it out and eat it again!







Maddy caught on pretty quick... she's good too!





My budding artists



THE FINISHED PRODUCT








Maddy's Masterpiece





My Masterpiece





Sarah's Masterpiece






Where is Joseph's Masterpiece you ask? After all, this was for Family Home Evening. Well, he sat at the table and watched in horror and disgust, as his lovely wife and daughters painted with their spit. He was traumatized. Well, that, and someone had to hold Ben!! I think my daughters have discoverd a new favorite way to "paint" haha! I hope Elder Passey likes his art!






After our art class we went outside to enjoy our backyard. (Something we rarely get to do since it's been SO hot lately)




We went for a walk around the Cul de sac and then pulled out the bubble machine.






Ben was trying to eat the bubbles








Maddy was jumping around like a crazy girl. Maybe it was all that sugar....





Ben discovered water from the last rain storm, that was hiding in the drawer of their outside table. That kept him busy for a long while.





Daddy and Ben relaxing in the "flying saucer". This might be the only thing we like about our swingset...



It was a great way to end a fun day.

1 comment: