Friday, July 6, 2012

April Rewind: Goodbye Scott, Hello Mud!

In my attempt to blog again on a regular basis, I am just going to post a bunch of pictures of whats been going on around here the last few months! I am SO far behind!

So obviously this picture didn't upload correctly, but thats alright. Its still cute. Ben LOVES Granddaddy, and he'd stay outside with him ALL day if he could!

My brother Scott left for his mission to Recife Brasil! Here is a picture after his farewell talk. What a crew.


Getting ready to board the plane!  I miss that kid like crazy!!


Also, back in April I was able to participate in a mud run last minute with Joseph's sister in law. It was awesome! It was the USMC Ultimate Challenge Mud run up in Columbia. To quote the website: "The Leatherneck is a 5.2 mile all-terrain Obstacle Course designed by a former Marine Drill Instructor to challenge each team mentally, morally and physically. The 36 Obstacles include mud holes, walls, trenches, and more that require swimming, crawling, climbing, jumping, determination, and team work"

Before the run... I'm not sure I knew what I was in for... After all, I had just been asked the day before to participate!!

The water was freezing!






None of these are in order, but you get the point!


We survived!! 
I had a BLAST. These girls were awesome. I am so glad I got to do this. And even finished with a smile!

My kids did lots of cute things I'm sure, but since I'm so far behind, I'll post pics of them later...



No comments:

Post a Comment