Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Pal"

One of the greatest men that I have ever had the blessing to know, returned to live with our Father in Heaven today. My Grandpa Passey, also known as "Pal". While I am completely heart broken, I am incredibly grateful for the time that I've had with him. He was able to meet all of my children. I actually started this blog for him, so he could stay up to date on what we were doing. Just a week and a half ago we were on the phone with eachother while he was looking at the new pictures I posted...
This is my favorite picture of the two of us. It was taken back in 2003. I believe he was leaving to go back home to Utah, when I asked him to tell me the story of "Rindecella". He used to tell it to me when I was little. It is Cinderella with mixed up letters... The moral of "Rindecella" was something about "If you want to Lall in fove with a Pransome Hince, don't forget to Slop your Dripper" So upon my request, he just put his arms around me and started into the story... I loved it just as much then as I did when I was little.
Another picture of him that I love... I'm so grateful that he was able to attend my sealing to Joseph, as well as me going through the Temple for my own endowments. What a great experience to have my parents and grandparents at the Temple with me on the most important day of my life...


"Pal" and Maddy. This was taken in May of 2007.
For some reason, I don't have pictures of Sarah and Ben with him, or any recent pictures with Maddy! I'm hoping that my mom or sister might... My kids loved when he came to visit. Mostly because that meant we were going swimming at the hotel they were staying at!

Grandpa's are very special to their granddaughters.
I loved having him come visit... I loved our phone calls... and I will miss him terribly. I will cherish every memory I have.

I love you "Pal"...


1 comment:

  1. Shawna,

    I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete