Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pinch me... is this really happening?

After almost 7 years of marriage... It's official... We are building a house! I'm still in shock, I never thought that this day would come. I wasn't going to be picky, we didn't have to build one. Buying one would have been great too, but it just worked out this way. So round about April 15, (the dreaded Tax day for most) we will be closing on our very first home! It is a modest 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, with a one car garage. BUT what I'm most excited for is.... a dishwasher!! We have lived the past 5 years without one, and 3 kids later, I am SO over it. I am now looking forward to the first load of dishes I get to load into a dishwasher!
Sadly, we will be moving out of the Myrtle Beach Ward. This neighborhood is located in Conway, so we will be attending the Ward there. Joseph's parents attend this ward, so our kids will still get to enjoy a set of grandparents during Sacrament meeting. Not to mention... we will be a whole 6 minutes away from the church... without having to deal with tourist traffic during the summer! I think my parents are sad that we are moving away from them, but they will see more of me during the summer than if we stayed where we are. Let's face it, those that live here know how bad 17 bypass gets, driving south bound during rush hour. My 10 minute drive to their house became 30 minutes or more. Plus they are starting construction on the overpass... and I want to avoid it at all costs. I was planning on not visiting them for a year or two, until that bridge was done... But now I don't have to deal with it! See mom? A win/win!
Now for some pictures... I plan to keep a photo journal of the construction process. This was taken last weekend, 2/12/11.

It is so wierd to see a SOLD sign, and know that it's because WE bought it!!

Joseph inspecting... It looks super small. This can't be the whole house, can it??
They got started the morning we signed the contract. Clearing the lot etc. and then we had so much rain that nothing else has been done. (You can see the puddles in this picture) Joseph was out there this morning, and he said the plumbing was done, and they said they would pour the slab tomorrow! So, until then...



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your house! that is awesome! Of course we are sad you are leaving the ward. We are happy for you though.

    ReplyDelete