Wednesday, December 16, 2009

So.... Today is Sarah's 9 month "Birthday", and she went out of her way to celebrate. She invited two of Myrtle Beach's finest over this morning after dialing 911 while I was drying my hair. I came into the family room and heard beeping coming from the phone. It was that beep that you hear when a call has been disconnected and the phone was never hung up. I look down and right next to Sarah is our cordless phone with the numbers 911 still on the digital display screen. I thought... no way did this baby just do what I think she did. No sooner did I sit down on the couch when someone starts pounding on my front door. I open it and sure enough there is a police officer on my porch and another standing out in the yard. He asked me if I was alright and when I told him everything was fine he wanted to know who had the phone. I explained that my 9 month old had had it and I just turned it off. HOW EMBARRASSING!!! He just leaned toward Sarah and said "Did you dial 911?" I apologized who knows how many times and then wished him a Merry Christmas..... I mean what do you do when your baby calls 911? I'm sure you're thinking.... keep the phone away from the baby! I can assure you this will NOT happen again!

1 comment:

  1. That made me laugh!! What a little trickster! She just wanted to add some excitement to the day! (And where was the big sister during all this??!!)

    ReplyDelete