Monday, November 22, 2010

Maddy turns four!!

Happy Birthday to my first born! I can't believe that she is already 4 years old. In some ways it seems like it hasn't really been that long, but at the same time, it seems like a lifetime ago. For the first couple years of our marriage we wondered if we would get to experience having a family... and now we are celebrating Maddy's 4th birthday. Not only that but we have 2 more miracles. When Maddy was born, I never would have imagined that we would have had 2 more children before she even turned 4.She had a great day! We went to church and she would tell everyone that stopped to talk to her that today was her birthday. Then she'd request that they wish her a Happy Birthday! What a demanding child! In Primary the kids sang to her, and she got a pencil and a sticker. Her primary teachers even made cupcakes for her class to celebrate! We had the family come over for cake and ice cream that afternoon.
I keep saying that one year we will have a party with Maddy's friends, but I feel so overwhelmed with the upcoming holidays that I don't bother with it. This was the first year that Maddy didn't have a wedding the same weekend as her birthday, and I still didn't throw her a big party!
Maddy asked her Uncle Ryan for 5 laundry baskets for her birthday, and even told me that she wanted a laundry basket cake. Luckily that was short lived, and she decided that she wanted a butterfly cake. She had a butterfly cake for her first birthday, so this is what we decided to make...




Flowers and butterflies! She wanted strawberry cake with chocolate frosting, and I wasn't sure anyone would eat that... So I made a two tiered cake. The top had strawberry cake with 3 layers of chocolate frosting, and the bottom had strawberry cake with 3 layers of strawberry frosting in it. I think it turned out really well. At least it tasted really good!



She had lots of gifts to open, seeing that she has a lot of family members that love her!
She just opened a gift, tossed it to the side and went for the next gift. It was sort of embarrassing for a parent.... I wanted her to be excited about each gift, and then thank the person who gave it to her. Is that too much to ask? I guess it is when your talking about a 4 year old...


My grandparents gave her this Sleeping Beauty dress up outfit. Complete with shoes, gloves and a head band. Naturally she didn't want to wear it until after my grandma was no longer there to see her in it! She loves it though. And she's not the only one...

Little Miss Sarah had to put it on for a while too. This dress is going to be a big hit! Or a big problem depending on how willing Maddy is to share it with her younger sister!
Sarah even walked around in the shoes... she LOVES shoes.

Over all Maddy had a wonderful birthday. She got to see both of her grandparents, and spend the evening with most of the aunts and uncles on my side of the family (minus Andrew, Phillip and their families, and Elder Passey) And she got to talk to big uncle Ry Ry on the phone. She is one HAPPY girl.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDY!!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog! I didn't know you had one! Ours is conaryfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete